I spent part of my lunch looking for an old post of mine, and realized that this blog has gotten kinda long. For you new readers, here are some of my older posts that you might have missed, stuff that still gets hits, and posts that I just plain like and hope get more attention:
- Forever a Student
- Text, Subtext, and Claude Shannon
- On the Killing of Darlings
- What Fiction Writers Can Learn From Moonshiners
- Stages of Creativity
- I’m Here For an Argument, Part 5: Ethos
- Instant Expertise
- Typing vs. Handwriting, Writing Profiles
- If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Control It: Are There Useful Writing Metrics?
Also, I’d still love to see responses for my A Study in a Study in Scarlet posts!
In other news, since last I posted, my application to SFWA was accepted, on the basis of my sale of a short story to Nature, which should appear some time in the next two months. I’ll update when that’s up.
[ETA: I also have other really good news waiting in the wings, but I’m going to keep that under wraps until the story’s under contract]